Travel

Where I Want To Visit In 2017

January 9, 2017

Last year I put a post together about where I wanted to visit in 2016 (Have a read here) so it’s only right that I do the same for 2017!

First of all, I need to point out that these lists are a bit ambitious when you’re working full time and have limited annual leave and money but I love looking at places for some wanderlust inspiration. Dublin was the only place that got ticked off last year’s list so here’s the revised ‘ Where I want to Visit’ list for 2017.

A Greek Island… or two.

I am in desperate need of a beach holiday. I want a sun lounger, a good book and an even better cocktail so I can relax in the sunshine for 1 or 2 weeks. The Greek Islands are still very appealing and Thomas Cook do a good island hopping holiday that I’ve got my eye on. If you want to escape to a different  world on your lunch break then have a look at the properties in Santorini available on AirBnB – you can live like a celeb for such little money! Those infinity pools are calling my name…

Iceland

Iceland is still firmly on this list. Stu and I have spoken about maybe booking this for his birthday in December. We’d like to go when there’s a lot of snow and hopefully catch a glimpse on the Northern lights as well. Iceland has become really popular in the last couple of years but that doesn’t really bother me. They can fight me for the best spot at the Blue Lagoon!

Eastern Europe

I love a good city break so hopefully I can squeeze one in at some point this year. I love exploring a city for the first time and it always feels like such a treat because you’re only away for a few days. I’m thinking maybe somewhere in Eastern Europe as that’s somewhere I haven’t been before. Do you have any recommendations? Prague, Tallinn and Krakow all appeal to me.

A Long Haul Adventure?

And to top off the list I need to mention that my Mum and Step Dad are heading off on a round the world trip in February. They’re going to be away for at least a year visiting amazing places such as Singapore, New Zealand, Australia, South East Asia, South America, Central America and pretty much all the other exotic places you can think of! I’d love to visit them somewhere so need to start saving the pennies as pretty much every country is a long haul flight away. Hmm, 2018 trip?

Are you going anywhere exciting this year?

You Might Also Like

12 Comments

• Reply Charlotte Brown January 11, 2017 at 9:23 pm

I’m hopefully going to SE Asia again this summer but Iceland is one I’ve always wanted to visit! A friend recommended Wrocław, Poland to me recently, apparently it’s very similar to Krakow but slightly smaller and much cheaper, maybe worth a look?!x

• Reply frandrews January 12, 2017 at 11:26 am

Ooh I’ll definitely check that out, thank you!

• Reply Amanda @ Rhyme & Ribbons January 11, 2017 at 10:27 pm

Iceland is on my list too. I also hope to squeeze in Italy if possible. But luckily I have my long-haul lined up for this weekend! I got married this summer but am going on honeymoon to Thailand this weekend. I can’t wait! 🙂 xx

• Reply frandrews January 12, 2017 at 11:27 am

I love Thailand, hope you have an amazing time!

• Reply Kate Thompson January 14, 2017 at 3:02 pm

Dublin was my favourite destination of 2015. This year I will hopefully get to Majorca, Paris and Canterbury. Your travels sound amazing!
    Kate xx

• Reply frandrews January 14, 2017 at 3:04 pm

Thanks Kate, hope you manage to get to all three!

• Reply Hayleyloves January 14, 2017 at 3:14 pm

You have to visit Prague it is a beautiful city! I love Budapest too 🙂 I’ve just got back from Berlin and I never ever wanted to leave!

Iceland is on my list of places to visit – it looks stunning. I’m going to Seoul in July : my boyfriend is volunteering in Fiji over the summer and I’m meeting up with him in Korea – it’s my first ever flight on my own.

Greece looks stunning – I reeeeeally need to go.

• Reply frandrews January 14, 2017 at 3:17 pm

Wow you’ve got some exciting trips to look forward to!

• Reply Ellie Pilcher January 14, 2017 at 3:34 pm

This is great! I’ve never even thought about Iceland before – but I would love to go to a Greek Island! I’m not great with ‘beach holidays’ as I burn so easily. But I think it is time to brave the sunshine! Haha!

Ellie | EllesBellesNotebook

• Reply frandrews January 14, 2017 at 4:05 pm

I can burn easily as well but I love the sun so much!

• Reply Sarah January 14, 2017 at 4:15 pm

I really fancy visiting the Greek Islands too, Santorini looks an absolute dream and your parents trip sounds amazing, what a wonderful trip to do, maybe one day 🙂

• Reply frandrews January 14, 2017 at 4:21 pm

Santorini looks so beautiful, I hope we manage to visit!